Build failed

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Apr 6, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Hi,

We are investigating in using N2 CMS as a basement for an end-user bank portal solution.
So, we have a few questions.

Is it possible to somehow infulience on project roadmat. Is it possilble to suggest some features we will need?
What contribution policy do you have?
How can we contribute to sourcebase? Is direct svn commint allowed or should we send patch files?

As can I see, you don't use branches in svn? I would recommend to use branches to allow bug-fixing of existing releases. Do you plan to introduce branches in svn?
We tried to build current sources (revision 662)  by runing Build_Everything-vs2008.bat and it fails with error:

- ...\examples\MinimalCSharp\CSharp_Example-vs2008.sln" (default target) (14) ->(ValidateSolutionConfiguration target) ->   ...examples\MinimalCSharp\CSharp_Example-vs2008.sln : error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Release|Any CPU " is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration.
The reason is that CSharp_Example-vs2008.sln has only Debug target.

- We also missing trunk\examples\TemplatesSite\wwwroot\Web.config file. Is it auto generated file?
 - Missing assembly System.Web.Extensions. May be it is good idea to put it into lib directory or put AJAX lib instlation into svn and mention it as prerequisite in readme

Thank you.
Regards, Andrej
Apr 6, 2009 at 3:42 PM
Edited Apr 6, 2009 at 3:52 PM
Andrej, i'm curious, what kind of banking app you're working on ? What functionality should it cover (loan calc/self-care/exchange rate history/online payments/..) ? Is it a customer front-end ?

Do you happen to be from .ru/.ua? If so i could share some thoughts on the subject you're asking in a private.

---
As to the build problems: you could try running Deploy_Everything-vs2008 -- this batch won't try to build examples (likely the reason of your problem, as you put it), just a pure codebase -- it should be okay with the revision #662 -- some warnings, but no errors.
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2009 at 8:09 PM
@andery: Most of the time I commit patches posted after looking through the changes.

Sometimes I grant commit rights. It has worked without problems so far and there is no strict policy. I would probably grant this after seeing some code first =)

Influencing usually works by proposing a really good idea or posting a patch.

Good idea about branches by the way. The release rate has been rather high and I havn't felt the need, but it's probably the right time to begin with more structured releases.

Thanks for finding the issue. I'll look into it.

Yes, that web config files is copied by prepare-dependencies.bat in the examples folder.
Do you know what project has a dependency on web extensions?
Apr 7, 2009 at 1:11 PM
Hi,

Build successfully passes with revision 664.

N2.Templates.UI.Tests.csproj has reference to System.Web.Extensions. If I remove the reference, the project still builds successfully.
The is another reference to System.Web.Extensions from N2.DocSite.csproj but I can't even open the project since it reference some other local project.

Thank you for fast response.

Regards, Andrej