And what about an Online chat??

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Hi I just stumbled on N2 CMS and wow really, web programming might start to interest me a little bit more hehe. :)

The thing is that even after reading most of your online documentation and worked with the template site, I still don't have that I know the framework feeling that I want to have hehe

I would really like to have online chat with expert users just to discuss about the details of the framework and also, it would be a nice way to communicate notions of all sort including for N2 CMS addons devellopement etc..
Online chat would also stimulate the newcomers to ask about the difference between N2 cms and other cms directly instead of having to look at all the doc + code and compare.

Also, do you recommend me to learn the basics of Castle windsor IOC??

Anyway. One could devellop an Online chat addon ;)
Feb 21, 2009 at 8:10 PM
Oh and if anybody from Montreal wanna exchange about N2 or dotnet.

Would be nice to discuss sometimes with somebody about all those thing nobody else could even begin to understand hehe

peace
Alex
Feb 22, 2009 at 9:58 AM
Edited Feb 22, 2009 at 11:24 AM
I can only tell you about online chat addon ;-)

A collegue of mine has developed one for our last-year project, that eventually made it's way online. It is built on a certain 'subgurim' codebase with a lot of ajax fluff and spanish comments. Our implementation on N2 consists of is a class library project and a web pages/controls project. Currently, a chat channel selection is tightly bound to our business logic. But it can be easily decoupled to make it a general-purpose solution..
Apr 1, 2009 at 8:45 PM
Edited Apr 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM
How about an IRC channel? I've created #n2cms on efnet and dalnet so anyone who wants to idle and chat etc.. please join!
Apr 14, 2009 at 2:59 PM
also freenode.. but that doesn't have a BNC that can hold the channel for us.. please join, live chat with people sometimes is so much better than just making a mess all over the discussion forums when you are a beginner.

#n2cms (efnet, dalnet, freenode).
Apr 17, 2009 at 9:16 AM
I guess the un-official channel is now #n2cms on freenode (good choice of network, it's all about open source and development). We've got myself esteewhy and jcomet there so far, look forward to seeing more of you guys soon.
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2009 at 9:06 PM
Cool, I'll drop by.
May 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM

This is kind of a rallying call for everyone - if you use irc(mirc etc) or are looking for a chat client where you can reach other N2 users and developers, please please can you join the Freenode network (chat.freenode.net) and the #n2cms channel - If there isn't anyone around or active please stick around as we are trying to build an online chat community to make little problems quick to solve; rather than posting a question and waiting 1-2 days for an answer then replying ..etc.etc..

Cheers all.

Pete

Aug 20, 2009 at 2:33 PM

It's pretty quiet in the Freenode #n2cms channel.. is anyone in this group interested in having a place to chat about ideas with other N2 devs? Maybe I'm out of date using IRC still :(