Connectionstring vistaDB 3.4 database PLEASE!!!

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:25 PM
Hi there, after 3 hours couldn't find ways to make my connection work with a vistadb connection string and N2.

PLease help me, i connect easily to the database from visual studio

do i need to change the flavor to Generic???

this is my current string
 <add name="N2CMS" connectionString="Data Source=C:\-=CSharp=-\Components\N2\Example_TemplatesSite\wwwroot\App_Data\N2Database.vdb3" providerName="VistaDB.NET20"/>

i always receive this error
Connection problem, hopefully this error message can help you figure out what's wrong:
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:35 PM
do i need the nHibernate vistadb driver????

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2009 at 12:41 PM
I've only just recently discovered that the vistadb has a free option and tried to use it. I didn't have much success but I didn't try very hard either.

Here is a nhibernate dialect and driver that is probably needed. When I tried I had to make some adjustments in order for it to compile against the current nhibernate version. I also discovered I had to change the transaction scope here to ReadUncommited.

If you continue to pursue this please let me know how it goes. Vistadb looks very interesting for medium trust scenarios.
Feb 21, 2009 at 6:49 PM
maybe with some time i would have found a way to make it work but i decided to go with SQLite considering it's free and already working out of the box.

Tho i had to remove the wiki entry in the nItems table to make the template site work.

thx for the reply to