Templates Example Not Running

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 19, 2009 at 9:36 PM
I download the Templates project from http://www.codeplex.com/n2/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=20272 and extract it. I open the project up in Visual Studio 2008 and run it by using the keystrokes Ctrl-F5. I am redirected to the Edit/Install/Begin/default.aspx page. When I click "please start the installation process»" I get this error:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing aconnection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verifythat the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allowremote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - ErrorLocating Server/Instance Specified)

That was with this connection string:  <add name="N2CMS" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Database=N2;Integrated Security=SSPI" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

When I attach the n2.mdf database in the App_Data folder and change the connection string to this:  <add name="N2CMS" connectionString="Server=(local);Database=N2_Templates;Integrated Security=SSPI"/>      I get this error:

Object with id: 33 was not of the specified subclass: N2.ContentItem(Discriminator was: 'Wiki')

I have been able to run this test project on another computer before, the only main difference I can think of between this computer and that one, is that this computer is a Vista Business while the other computer was a Windows XP professional.

Some assistance would be appreciated. 

Thanks
Daniel

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:46 PM
I quickly figured this out after I posted this item.

I went into the database and deleted ItemId 33, as well as rows that referenced it. After I did that I was able to run the project. Please update the templates project so others dont run into this similar situation.

Thanks
Daniel
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Thanks for telling, I'll fix.