getting error No row with the given identifier exists[N2.ContentItem#2]

Feb 4, 2009 at 10:46 AM
Hi I am new to N2cms and tried to integrate it in my existing website.

I downloaded file "CompiledRuntime" and opened in dot net 2.0.

I configured the setup by running http://localhost/projectName/edit/install.

After installing I tried ti browse the site but failed to do so as I received the following error.

Server Error in '/CmsImp' Application.

No row with the given identifier exists[N2.ContentItem#2]

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: NHibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists[N2.ContentItem#2]

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists[N2.ContentItem#2]]
   NHibernate.Impl.DefaultEntityNotFoundDelegate.HandleEntityNotFound(String entityName, Object id) +56
   NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultLoadEventListener.Load(LoadEvent event, IEntityPersister persister, EntityKey keyToLoad, LoadType options) +214
   NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultLoadEventListener.ProxyOrLoad(LoadEvent event, IEntityPersister persister, EntityKey keyToLoad, LoadType options) +148
   NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultLoadEventListener.OnLoad(LoadEvent event, LoadType loadType) +457
   NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.FireLoad(LoadEvent event, LoadType loadType) +51
   NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Load(Type clazz, Object id) +121
   NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Load(Object id) +64
   N2.Persistence.NH.NHRepository`2.Load(TKey id) +92
   N2.Web.UrlParser.get_StartPage() +36
   N2.Web.CachingUrlParserDecorator.get_StartPage() +10
   N2.Edit.Web.EditPage.get_SelectedItem() +112
   N2.Edit.Default.OnInit(EventArgs e) +79
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +343
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1800

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.312; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.833

Can any one help me out.............

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Try the templates sample project or simple project instead. The compiled runtime requires additional implementation.
Feb 5, 2009 at 4:54 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply...............

No while installation process in step 4. Root Node when I click on "insert" I am getting following error "Root and start type required"..

Can you please suggest where I am going wrong and where to set root node.

Thanks,
Feb 5, 2009 at 9:32 AM
1. Try to restart an installation:
1.1 Navigate to [~/edit/install/]
1.2 Go to step 3
1.3 Click "create tables" -- this will effectively reset your database
1.4 Ensure that on step 4, in the first drop down ("[root node]") you have 2 items: "Root Page", "Start Page"
1.5 Select *anything* from the 1st and 2nd drop down lists and push "insert" button -- a text area should appear at the bottom with a fragment of a web.config file

Were you able to perform all of the above?
Feb 5, 2009 at 11:50 AM
In step 4 I am getting only one item in drop down "Root Page", can you please suggest how can I get "start page in drop down".

Thanks
Feb 5, 2009 at 3:06 PM
So you have only one item "Root Page" in the first "[root node]" drop down, right ? This is odd! Is there anything in either "[start node]" or "[root and start node]" drop down lists ?
Do you have .Net framework 3.5 installed ? Are you running the site under IIS or VS2008 internal web server ?
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2009 at 8:24 PM
You should go back to the download page and download "Templates Sample Project (with n2 core and functional templates)". This package contains some page definitions. The package you picked is designed to be dropped onto an existing site (upgrade).
Feb 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the help It did helped me to get through.

I have one question regarding Menu, can you please advice as how I could get the xml of site menu so that I can customize the menu display.

Thanks,
Coordinator
Feb 8, 2009 at 11:11 AM
Can you clarify what you mean by xml of a site? Internally N2 mostly work with objects and there are multiple ways of making them into xml.
Feb 9, 2009 at 4:28 AM
Hi libardo,

Thanks for the support now this issue has been resolved thanks.