This project is read-only.

Hover menu for top navigation

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 12, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2009 at 8:25 PM
First off...wanted to say that of all the .net cms packages out there, I am definitely most pleased with this one, so thanks for the great work!

I do have what is probably a pretty basic question.  I'm creating a site that will have two language roots (US English, UK English).  The top navigation will be something like the following - Home, About Us, Products, etc.  I'd like to add a cascading menu from the top level links (i.e. hovering over the products tab will reveal a menu with Product 1, Product 2, etc.).  Can you tell me the easiest way to go about this?  I am familiar with jquery, as well as the built in .net sitemap menu with hover functionality.  I tried to use the built in sitemap menu, but what I was finding is that it would work for the US version, but not the UK version because it was gathering the US nodes for both.  Sorry if this doesn't make sense.  Please let me know if you have any input.

Thanks,

Jason
Jan 12, 2009 at 9:09 PM
If you're using the templates project you could use a theme skin to change the levels of items displayed by the top navigation. Once you have a nice ul/li list you can use some jquery plugin to create the menu.

I think the sitemap functionality only works with a start page as root node. Again, the templates project uses a custom solution to create the menu directly from the content items.

/Cristian