This project is read-only.

Custom classes & forms

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 5, 2009 at 7:20 AM
Edited Jan 5, 2009 at 7:21 AM
Great job! Thank you very much.

I want to create custom classes which may to use Engine.Persister and editing these data in the N2 editor (Newsletter sender).
I need insert/delete/update master (Newsletter group) & slave (Addresses) tables. These classes defines custom action (Send newsletter) in the toolbar.
User select page for operation (Newsletter) 
User click new button (Send)
Application retrieves data from the database
User select master item (Newsletter group) 
Application do anything (Send newsletters)

How I can create these classes?
Do you have any similar example or any similar classes in the source code?
How I can save data in the database without accessibility from the site search?  

Many thanks.
Best Regards.

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:51 PM
Are these external tables or are you inheriting from N2's content items and using the detail value table? What N2 helps with is the second option. If you have your own tables you can integrate them into the CMS (e.g. like the file system) but it's more work for you.

Can you clarify about site search?

Unfortunatly the n2cms domain has been hijacked so I can't link the documentation.
Jan 6, 2009 at 9:06 PM
Edited Jan 6, 2009 at 9:10 PM
Hello!
At this time I'm using external table, but I want to use detail value table. Because I want to use standard export/import n2 feauture.

How n2 search data in the database? I want to save internal data in the detail value table without any accesibility from standard n2 site search.

Thank you very much.
Jan 6, 2009 at 10:01 PM
The only way would be placing those items outside the start page and set it as a the root for search. If that isn't an option for you can you suggest a change to the search?