How to create dropdown in zone

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 30, 2008 at 12:15 PM
Hi All,

I am new in the N2CMS development. I have created Zone, now I would like to add dropdown control in the zone which display specific type of pages. I have done it using the user control but how to do with zone. And If I put in the user control then it display in all the pages regardless of the zone used or not.

Let me know if anyone have good solution.

Thanks
Coordinator
Dec 30, 2008 at 9:16 PM
I'm not following. You want a drop down to appear on all pages of your site displaying certain types of pages? Are you using the templates project? If you create a part and add it to a "recursive zone" does it get you any closer?
Dec 31, 2008 at 3:27 AM
Hi Libardo,

Thanks for the replay and Happy New Year :)

Let me explain in more detail. I am learning N2, so please correct me if I am wrong. I am not suing tamplate project. I need a dropdown in the zone. and that zone will not be available on all pages. I mean not thought out the site. The zone will be placed in few of the pages not in all pages.

Following me?

Let me know if you need more detail.

Thanks
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2009 at 7:32 PM
Hi again. Sorry for the delay. I'm afraid I'm still not following. The zone is a placeholder for parts (user controls) that can be added by an editor. The way it works is to add a content item below another and set it's ZoneName property to a meaningful string. This string is used to filter out the items to display in the zone. The <n2:DroppableZone ZoneName="Right" does this.

When does the drop down come into play? Is it when choosing which items to display in a zone? Is it something the visitors of the site will see?
Jan 7, 2009 at 4:20 AM
Hi Libardo,

Thanks for reply. Yes I want the dropdown in the site but that will be shown on the different location in each page. So I created user control for the same.

And BTW... I tried to access N2CMS.Com but I think site registration has been expire. When I checked the site detail on allwhois.com, it shows the domain is expire.

Thanks,
Sunil
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM
This page on composable parts should be helpful. And the site is back =)
Jan 8, 2009 at 8:37 AM
Hi Libardo,

Thanks for the guidance. Now my problem got solved. I was thinking to put the dropdown dynamically on the site. I mean by using the property. But now changed idea and put the dropdown in the user control. Now it's works fine.

Thanks
Sunil