This project is read-only.

Permission denied on /edit folder

Dec 20, 2008 at 1:05 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2008 at 1:07 PM
Hi,

Im running N2 CMS for one of my customer and somehow the customer have managed to do something strange.
Hard to tell whats causing this error as I can't login.

http://www.mydomain.com/edit/login.aspx

Gives me this message:
(The exception it thrown before I can see the login fields)

Server Error in '/' Application.

Permission denied

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: N2.Security.PermissionDeniedException: Permission denied

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[PermissionDeniedException: Permission denied]
N2.Security.SecurityEnforcer.AuthorizeRequest() in F:\Geir\n2test\Source\src\N2\Security\SecurityEnforcer.cs:81
N2.Web.RequestLifeCycleHandler.Application_AuthorizeRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Geir\n2test\Source\src\N2\Web\RequestLifeCycleHandler.cs:60
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Any clue where I should start looking?
Thanks.
Dec 20, 2008 at 8:24 PM
The error is thrown when the user isn't authorized to view the current page. Normally you should be able to view /edit/login.aspx since it isn't mapped to a page. However if it somehow corresponds to a content page (e.g. when using the UrlParser.NotFound event) that isn't open to the public you could get this error.

I'd start by figuring out how the loign page is resolved as a content item. It might be a page in the trashcan.
Dec 20, 2008 at 8:25 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.