creating a custom page

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:17 AM
Hi, i want to create a page that in the "Content" Contenplaceholder i can have a text, and in the Sidebar Contentplaceholder i have a list of links reffering the texts i have insert until now, so when a user wants to insert another text, it will appear a new link in that list, so anyone can read the texts by clicking the corresponding link, but i dont know how to start with it. I tried to create a custom page, and add an Atribbute, but i got stucked when i tried in the aspx to show a list of links that refferes to adresses that will show the corresponding text taken from the db. I have read the examples and the doc in the site but i still have doubts. Does anyone has some documentation that can light my way in this direction? I guess it is not so difficult but i dont know yet how to handle it.

Thanx in advance.
Nov 24, 2008 at 3:23 PM
For starting a more specific question, do i have to create a custom page including the two things i need (the text in the content placeholder and the list of links in the sidebar placeholder), or i simply have to create a part with the list of links in the sidebar and somehow it can refresh the content in the contenholder?
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2008 at 6:40 AM
Are you using "n2 templates"? If so you can probably choose to create this as a part you can drag onto an existing page. Try something like this:

content item:

[Definition]
[AllowedZones(AllowedZones.All)]
public class MyLinkList : ContentItem
{
    public override TemplateUrl { get{ return "~/path/to/my/part.ascx"; } }
}

Now you should be able to drag the user control to the right portion of the page.