Multiple Sites in a Single N2CMS Installation

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 11, 2008 at 7:27 PM
Hello,

I want to use a single instance of an N2CMS Installation to manage multiple websites. For example, 

• Root Node
    • www.site1.com
      • ContentItem1
      • ContentItem2
    •  www.site2.com
      • ContentItem1
    • subdomain.site2.com
The primary reason for wanting a single instance is to allow a single set of users across all the sites. I have seen the documentation for the ISitesSource interface, but dont really understand the implementation described.

In IIS I have setup a single CMSWebsite with multiple Host Header Names: www.site1.com, www.site2.com, subdomain.site2.com, etc. I have also modified my hosts file to direct each one of these site requests to 127.0.0.1.

When I navigate to http://localhost/Edit to manage the sites, I get the message "No web site is configured at this address." Also, when I navigate to www.site1.com the browser appears to be loading but nothing ever comes up.

I believe I have listed all the steps I have taken to implement what I want, but am not sure where to go from here.

Any help will be appreciated.
Daniel
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2008 at 8:12 PM
"No web site is configured at this address" sounds like a message from IIS. Any chance the you've got the site bindings wrong? Are you certain you are talking to the right IIS instance (is it the right IP if you ping)?