Organize parts

Oct 17, 2008 at 10:41 AM
Edited Oct 17, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Hello,

Starting with the last 3 releases I have issues with the Parts (the last release that works fine for me is 1.4.0, both on IIS7 with Vista x64 and Win2008 x64). What I want to mean: I can't organize the parts. I can't edit any of them (e.g. the Poll) and I can't move, delete or add a new part.

The conent of pages instead, works well.

What's going wrong?

Thnx,

Laurentiu

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2008 at 7:04 PM
Strange. There was a bug introduced in 1.4.2 that was fixed in 1.4.3 that resemble what you're describing (fixed by "removed strange iis7 workaround (needs more test)"). However I can't reproduce the problem on Vista32/IIS7. Do you get any javascript errors? If you look at the form tag, does the action look odd in some way?
Oct 18, 2008 at 11:07 AM
Edited Oct 18, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Hello.

I can't notice any Javascript error. I also have the same behaviour on W2008 (x32 or x64). So I think that's related to IIS7. 

For better understanding, if you have 1 minute, take a look at http://www.teatrul-excelsior.ro/edit/ (with credentials: admin/Turion64)

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2008 at 12:13 PM
The ajax request yields a server error but the error message is hidden. One possibility is that the handler for the ajax request isn't registered:

<!-- IIS7 settings, you should remove either this or the httpHandlers and modules above -->
  <system.webServer>
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
    <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">
      <add name="n2.initializer" type="N2.Web.InitializerModule, N2" />
    </modules>
    <handlers>
      <add name="n2.ajax" path="*.n2.ashx" verb="*" type="N2.Web.AjaxRequestHandler, N2" />
    </handlers>
  </system.webServer>
Oct 18, 2008 at 12:29 PM
Hello,

I have the above lines in web.config. But I stil don't see a jscript error... strange...
Oct 18, 2008 at 1:12 PM
I downgraded to 1.4.1 and it seems to be the same behaviour. On the same server, my site (http://www.infosystems4u.ro) that is on release 1.4.0 works fine...
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2008 at 3:15 PM
It doesn't appear as a javascript error. You see it when tracking requests with firebug or fiddler. Try disabling customErrors.
Oct 18, 2008 at 3:56 PM
I will try.
The current release is working fine on what platform? Unfortunatelly I have only IIS7 on my environment.
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2008 at 4:25 PM
I think your problem is related to configuration, not platform.
Oct 18, 2008 at 5:46 PM
I found that 1.4.2 release is working somehow. But I have another issue: I have some nodes coresponding to several languages (I used DarkStripes_SampleData.gz for starting nodes). I want to delete some nodes, but I have "Cannot delete startpage" warning. What can I do?
Oct 18, 2008 at 5:55 PM
The web.config that I use when I try the last release is the default and I only change my connection string.
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2008 at 6:18 PM
Which nodes are you trying to delete? A start page? I think you can un-make a start page by removing the host setting on the start page's site tab. Also if you havn't already i recommend you change the password =)
Oct 18, 2008 at 6:28 PM
It's "Hem" page. It does'nt have a host attribute.
Yeah, you're right, it was not clever that I posted the user/pass combination.
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2008 at 7:27 PM
You can't delete a start page that has been configured in web.config. I suppose you want to create another start page to use instead. If you create it you can then configure that in web.config and then delete the first.