N2CMS, problem with SQL2005

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:41 AM
Firstly i would like to say, N2CMS is GREAT. I downloaded the VB.NET sample one and it runs straight after unzip.
I changed the connection string so SQL2005, downloaded n2.mdf db then run the edit/install. Step 1, 2, 3 worked OK untill step 4 "Root Node" i get the error says "Advice: Go back and check database connection and tables."

Connection is OK. There are 4 tables with some sample data in the n2.mdf. I thought that it should work as it is.
When i run the project, i get the following error:

---
Cannot instantiate abstract class or interface: N2.ContentItem
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: NHibernate.InstantiationException: Cannot instantiate abstract class or interface: N2.ContentItem

Source Error:

Line 25:         <div>
Line 26:             <!-- This is a way to inject data into a webforms control, in this case we're injecting the current page's text property -->
Line 27:             <asp:Literal ID="TextLiteral" Text="<%$ CurrentPage: Text %>" runat="server" />
Line 28:         </div>
Line 29:     </form>

----

Can someone kindly shed some light, where i did wrong and what to do to fix it, please?
Really appreciated!

Cheers

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2008 at 4:05 PM
If you're using the example is it possible that the code in App_Code hasn't been compiled somehow? N2 needs concrete contenitem classes in the appdomain. There is a diagnostic page located at /edit/install/diagnose.aspx. Do you see a grid with content items there?
Oct 11, 2008 at 3:47 AM
Edited Oct 11, 2008 at 4:04 PM
Hi libardo, thanks for reply.
The project runs OK in my computer but not when i deploy to production.

The test site URL is:
http://noodleworld.com.au/edit/install
username: admin; password: changeme

For some reason, in the tab 4 Root Node, i don't get any option in the [root node] and [start node] dropdownlist and this is why i cannot creat the root node for the site.
what is your thought libardo?

Thanks for your help

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2008 at 7:55 PM
Might be related to medium trust. Take a look at this page: http://n2cms.com/wiki/Medium%20trust.aspx