using EditableUserControl

Sep 21, 2008 at 1:50 AM
I understand using EditableUserControl, but I would like to user it differently.

Instead of providing a custom interface to edit a property on the content item, I would like the edit page to render a usercontrol inside of a tab panel (with [TabPanel]). I will be providing my own save buttons.
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2008 at 11:18 AM
I think your best option is to extend N2.Edit.EditManager and override the GetEditUrl. Then you can register it:

<n2>
  <engine>
    <components>
      <add service="N2.Edit.IEditManager, N2" implementation="MyNamespace.MyEditManager, MyAssembly" />

Sep 22, 2008 at 2:30 PM
The thing is, there are other properties on the content item that I want the user to be able to edit.

Maybe I can use the edit user control, but ignore those methods. Maybe create a dummy property thats not used.

Can the [EditableUserControl] be applied to a private property or field?
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2008 at 9:42 PM
Okay, I get it. The current EditableUserControl only sets one property at the time while you want to manipulate several using the user control.

Your best option is probably to create a custom editable. You could override the editable user control and override set & getdetail to load and save the values.