This project is read-only.

I have a html template, How can I import it into N2

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Sep 12, 2008 at 3:06 AM
I tried import html into N2 via editor interface, but I got a error: Input string was not a correct format.
Are some hard limits with html template?

Reference code:
protected virtual int ReadExportVersion(XPathNavigator navigator)
  {
   return int.Parse(navigator.GetAttribute("exportVersion", string.Empty));
  }
Sep 12, 2008 at 10:46 PM
Hi, I afraid I don't understanding your problem. Have you found some error with the data export/import function? Is it something you could do in another system you're looking for in N2? Are you pasting some particular html into the free text editor and get an exception? The easiest way of doing html templates in N2 is the aspx page model but N2 doesn't really impose any limits in that area.
Sep 16, 2008 at 3:51 AM
Sorry, first I login the website with admin account, so I can edit the web site,.
  1. I clicked Export / Import data button on the toolbar.
  2. I clicked Import tab.
  3. I chose a html file (with standing XHTML code)
  4. I pushed the Upload and verify button.
  5. I got the error message and import were failed. (error message: Input string was not a correct format.)

My html file has no master page, need I add a master page for it?

Sep 16, 2008 at 7:24 AM
I'm sorry. N2 itself has no mechanism of handling html templates. Unless you build it you'll have to update the master page and aspx templates located under /templates/ui.
Sep 16, 2008 at 8:17 AM
Oh..... so what type file can import? I only have html page.
how can I build a N2 web site base on the html template.
build web site by N2 standing items, if there no appropriate item I need to make the item by myself? is that right?
Sep 16, 2008 at 9:09 AM
You cannot import a template in to this CMS...it is not (design-)template based.
You must use Visual Studio.NET to change the master-page and / or the appropriate .aspx files.