Part example: Organize problem

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Sep 3, 2008 at 7:00 PM
Hi,

I've installed part example with success. But I can only organize parts at root site. When I create an empty site I can't change to Organize parts mode.

Is it normal ?

Please help.
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2008 at 7:11 PM
How did you go about creating an empty site? I'm not following on the difference to a root site.
Sep 3, 2008 at 7:17 PM
Please try it on your own:
http://jacekm.net/
admin / changeme

Try to change to Ogranize mode at TTT page.

I've just press + button and add an empty site. Is there any other way to do that?

P.S. It's my test site so feel free to use an admin account. I'll change password later.
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2008 at 7:29 PM
Looks like a bug. It's related to a strange IIS7 workaround that has been removed since the release.

You could compile the code from the trunk. Or add a second parameter =) http://jacekm.net/ttt.aspx?edit=drag&hi=world
Sep 4, 2008 at 7:51 AM
Thanks for helping. Rebuilding all solution didn't help. BTW It was a little bit of pain to build it - a few odd errors to go around. However parameter hi=world works fine :-)

PS. [offtopic] How can I change favicon ? [/offtopic]
Sep 4, 2008 at 9:11 AM
I've got an other question.

How can I add Control to tool box (the panel with Text, Teaser, Poll, etc.)? For example I'd like to add List control from Parts example to src/wwwroot because there isn't this control. I've copied List.ascx and List.ascx.cs from Parts example to Parts folder in wwwroot but it's not enough.
Sep 4, 2008 at 11:16 AM
[offtopic] How can I change favicon ? [/offtopic]
replace the file with the name favicon.ico
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2008 at 5:20 PM
Did you just rebuild the source release or did you get the code from the source code repository? The fix is not in a release yet. What pain did you encounter by the way. I'd like to make this painless.

Have you read this documentation? It might be the solution to your problem. N2 requires 2 different classes. One for the data and one for the UI.
Sep 4, 2008 at 7:04 PM
Well,

First of all it took me a few hours to make it works as I wanted.

Default.aspx.cs(12,18): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Routing' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly referen
ce?)
There was some errors because lack of reference to DLLs. System.Web.Routing (and one more) - I have to download it form the Internet.

Then was error with compiling a few Master Pages in source code 29910 because there was no .cs files (sic!).

There was bad code behind file name in one aspx or master - don't remember where.

I've checked out the svn repository and try to find missing files but it was pointless.

In many files like Source\src\wwwroot\Calendar\UI\Layouts\Default.Master was an error because compiler could not load N2.Templates.Calendar.UI.Layouts.Default. It's odd because VS see this class. In the end I've excluded files with errors from the solution then build it. And insted of Publish I've just copy files to my server and then unexclude files.

There was some other problems which I don't remember now. However I'm glad it works fine now - except Organize moze ;-)