N2 Installation

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 26, 2008 at 7:56 AM
Hi, I added a new web application to N2 sources and I want to install N2 using this project. Right now it throws a NullReferenceException in InstallationChecker class at the Start method, line:
context.Response.Redirect(config.Installer.InstallUrl);

Do I need to do some other configurations in order to make it work? Using the Templates.UI project the install process is successful, but I want to install N2 using my CustomStartPage from the added project.

Adrian
Aug 26, 2008 at 6:04 PM
Hi Adrian,

might I suggest trying to follow these instructions:
http://www.n2cms.com/Documentation/Startup_guide/Installation.aspx

They are pretty straight forward!

If that still does not work, let us know!

Martijn
Aug 26, 2008 at 6:50 PM
Hi Martijn, I installed the N2 using the templates project. What I was asking is, can I install the N2 without using N2.Templates.UI project?
I created another project with custom start and root pages and I don't use the N2.Templates.UI project, so I thought that I shouldn't keep it only for the install process.
If it's mandatory for installing N2 CMS, than I will keep it.

Adrian
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2008 at 7:45 PM
Looks like the code is not as forgiving to missing configuration as it should be. Try adding the stuff in <configSections> in example.web.config.
Aug 26, 2008 at 8:09 PM
Hi,

you don't have to use the templates project, I do not...
Best example would be ExampleCS, it's a simple example without the templates.
As Cristian stated "* MinimalCSharp: Very simple web site in C#. This project includes the least  amount of noise for grasping the basic model."

Use the install.txt in the root there to install it and try!

Martijn