Url tweak

Aug 24, 2008 at 9:05 AM
Hi,

would it be possible to have N2 link site.com/page/ to a ContentItem instead of linking it to site.com/page.aspx (ot better yet, link it to both)?
What would be the best path to folllow?

Thanks!
Martijn
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2008 at 3:37 PM
Try configuring <n2><host><web extension="/"

Aug 25, 2008 at 8:05 AM
That was what I was looking for, thanks!
Aug 25, 2008 at 8:50 AM
A bit strange, on my localhost it works, on my webserver it does not...I get a 404 there...

any thoughts on that?
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2008 at 3:56 PM
Sounds like you need wildcard mappings. What version of IIS is the server equipped with?
Aug 25, 2008 at 3:59 PM
it's a hosted IIS 6 server (W2K3), but I do not have console access.
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2008 at 5:12 PM
Oh, I think your best option is to ask someone who can to enable wilcard mappings.
Aug 26, 2008 at 9:54 AM
I am (again) trying to make this work.

I have such a structure:

News
Services
Users
 |- My Summary
 |- My Profile

I want Users to move to My Summary immediately. Is the only way to accomplish this a redirect? Adding extension="/" forces all my extensions to be / instead of aspx but that's not what I want.
Aug 26, 2008 at 2:57 PM
Ok, great news (for me).

I have created a custom SiteMapProvider (which was already able of merging the dynamic content sitemap with a fixed one (for administrators for example)). This SiteMapProvider recognizes redirects (by comparing the path and the url properties) and creates a unique url for the redirect in the sitemap (but the redirect will still work). With this sitemap provider, the following is possible:

News (real page)
|- Current
|- Archive
Services
Users (redirect to My Summary)
|- My Summary
|- My Profile

When I click on Users now, it will go directly to My Summary without messing up my submenus :)