Edit folder in existing site

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 5, 2008 at 8:52 PM
First, I want to thank you for a CMS framework that does not take over a whole web application. 

I am having trouble incorporating N2 within an existing site.  I followed your steps on N2CMS.com and everything went smoothly until I added the EDIT folder to the exisiting project (VB web app).  I copied the web.config segments from the VB Example download and added the N2 reference as indicated on the documentation. 
Once I added the Edit folder I received 19 errors when trying build.  "Could not find schema" and "Unknown server tag" are a bulk of the errors.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2008 at 11:49 PM
Sorry for taking over your edit folder =) I wish I knew a (realistic) alternative. Could you post some examples of the errors you get? Without details my best guess is that the edit folder depends on certain definitions in web.config.
Aug 7, 2008 at 1:59 PM
As my experience shows, if you want to use some N2 edit features, at the very least (suppose, you've already copied ~/Edit folder), you'd like to reference both N2.dll and N2.Edit.dll from your web application (it's sufficient to simply drop them both into ~/bin , unless you're using Web Site Project option OR you've changed default compilation path). If a given feature you'd like to get does not depend on N2 database, that's pretty much everything you need. For example, if you'd like to have a UI for ASP.Net Membership/Roles/Profiles, then you reference DLLs and then safely navigate to ~/Edit/Membership/Users.aspx. (Oh, btw, you need and 'Admin' user within an 'Administrator' role for the latter to work instantly. Or, alternatively, tweak ~/Edit/Membership/web.config to configure access to these pages.)