Permission denied ?

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:09 AM

Not sure what happend, but my live version just died last night. (Only the admin part)
Anyone knows what causing this? Or where I should start to look.

/edit/login.aspx

Server Error in '/' Application.
Permission denied
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: N2.Security.PermissionDeniedException: Permission denied

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[PermissionDeniedException: Permission denied]
   N2.Security.SecurityEnforcer.AuthorizeRequest() in Source\src\N2\Security\SecurityEnforcer.cs:81
   N2.Web.RequestLifeCycleHandler.Application_AuthorizeRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in \Source\src\N2\Web\RequestLifeCycleHandler.cs:60
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2008 at 10:46 AM
Could it be that the not-found-page is in the trashcan or expired?

I don't remember if I've changed this yet but (in the templates project) whenever an url can't be mapped to a page (e.g. /edit/login.aspx). the current page in scope is assigned to a not found page. The page in scope is later used when checking authorization. This means that insufficient permissions on the not found page could lead to this.
Jul 31, 2008 at 12:30 PM
Hm, how could I check?

/edit/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fedit%2fDefault.aspx should just display the login-box-page right?

Jul 31, 2008 at 12:41 PM
Edited Jul 31, 2008 at 12:42 PM
Issue solved, the problem was the page-not-found expire date as you said.

Item I needed to change in order to get it work again: http://bildr.no/view/233784