This project is read-only.

Templates Project Written in .NET 1.1?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 13, 2007 at 9:33 PM
Hey Crisitan,

I noticed that your examples (N2ExamplesParts.zip and N2ExamplesCS.zip) are written in .NET 2.0 however the Templates project with all of the pre-defined goodies (calendar, news, etc) is written in .NET 1.1 (codebehind versus codefile) am I missing a setting? if not, is there anything in the works to port some of the modules templates over to 2.0?

Thanks,
UTEnviroIT
Nov 13, 2007 at 10:59 PM
It's the web project model. The templates are built using web application projects which is similar to how it was done in 1.1 (you are probably using web site projects). I made it this way partly because visual studio performs very badly for me as soon as the web site project start to grow, and partly because I like to modularize.

You have a couple of options:
  • Install service pack 1 for VS 2005
  • Compile the templates and use them without changing the code behind in a web site project
Nov 14, 2007 at 12:32 AM
Thanks Crisitan,

A majority of the templates "fit" our user requirements. Others like the calendar events need to be tweaked for our processes. So I what I'll do is, open the project, tweak the ones I want, complile, and include in a website project. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Cheers,
UTEnviroIT