Saved content is automatically published...

Jul 3, 2007 at 6:13 PM
Hi Cristian,
I'm working a lot with your CMS these days, and as you already know I enjoy it.
There's just one feature that I would like to propose to you.

I think that when a user is saving a content he should be able to see a preview of the page before publishing the page.
Maybe you can have the save button to just add the content to the revision history, provide a way to show a preview from the revision history, and if the user is satisfied let him publish the content from there.
You could have on the edit page a check box to ask the user if he wants to publish the content straight away.
I don't know, I'm just brainstorming. but this is would really be a good feature.

Michele
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2007 at 7:49 PM
Good idea. I'll wrap my head around this and see what comes out.

/Cristian
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2007 at 10:08 PM
Edited Jul 4, 2007 at 10:10 PM
I made some changes to make this possible. http://n2cms.com/upload/code/PublishAttribute.zip

Instead of publishing the changes they are saved as a version. Not the most intuitive feature but anyway. Do you think it can work?

/Cristian
Jul 6, 2007 at 11:50 AM
I've just downloaded the latest version, to try your code, as soon as I can I'll give you my feed back, but I've given a look at the code and I think it'a s good solution.

besides that it doesn't belongs here but in the language project, language utilities file you have this method:
public static string SetUrlLanguage(string url, string currentLanguage, string newLanguage)

I think it would be best to substitute all the instances of that method with the following method that's already in the LanguageSwitcherModule, because in that way you have just to provide the new language

public static string decorateUrlForPersistentLanguageChange(string url, string newlanguage)
{

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex oReg;
oReg = new Regex("(\\&\\?)(" + getParameter4Switching() + "=^\\&)((&.$)|$)");

for (; oReg.Match(url).Success; )
{
url = oReg.Replace(url, "$1$4");
}
url += (url.Contains("?") ? "&" : "?") + getParameter4Switching() + "=" + newlanguage;
return url;

}

What do you think?

Michele
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2007 at 6:28 PM
I think that method eluded me =) I removed the utilities class.
Jul 13, 2007 at 3:47 PM
Hi Cristian,
I've tried the thing, I think it works very well,
the only suggestion I can give is: when I am in the revision history and I chose a new revision, I would prefer just the star to move to the revision I chose, instead of addin a new revision at the top of the list and moving the star there. I know that this throws a new light on the attributes published and expired, and would require some revision of the general idea.
What do you think?

Michele
Coordinator
Jul 15, 2007 at 8:30 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.