N2 is a Content Management System for ASP.NET 2.0. It's modern, free and includes all source code.
I think N2 proposes an unusually nice model when creating content-enabled web 2.0 sites. The main feature is a developer-friendly way to define and encapsulate content data.
Project home page at http://n2.libardo.comScope
N2 wants to provide a solid, extendable and user friendly content management engine and edit interface. No templates or implementations are included (except examples).Target audience
N2 is a tool for developers who need a CMS when building sites for organizations and small businesses.Features
- Type safe access of content data through custom classes. N2 promotes a domain centric content model.
- Easy-to-use editor interface - all the usual stuff (create, edit, delete, copy/paste, versioning, file upload) is built in and there's a plugin system when that isn't enough.
- Compact design - should be easy to get started with as long as you're into object oriented programming and asp.net.
- Extendable - NHibernate and it's polymorphism features are used for content persistance
- Clean database (two 3 tables) containing only content data. Types and constraints are defined with attributes in source code.
- Non-intrusive - supports a clean separation between view and edit (N2 is just a convenient way to insert and retrieve content).
- Friendly URLs & multiple domains.
- Leverages on ASP.NET 2.0 standards and concepts.