Discussions under Developer Forum

When asking for help with errors please include relevant information (if applicable) such as any error message, complete stack trace, what you downloaded (e.g. WebForms or MVC, version), relevant code, detailed steps to reproduce the error (preferably on a known environment such as demo.n2cms.com).

persisting drop down selections

first post: jamescrosswell wrote: I'm struggling to build a custom drop down editor that persists the...

latest post: jamescrosswell wrote: Argh... I hate replying to my own posts 2 minutes after I make them...

answered by: jamescrosswell wrote: Argh... I hate replying to my own posts 2 minutes after I make them...

Life after N2?

first post: FloatLeft wrote: Looks like this forum is becoming more and more of a ghost town (my...

latest post: FloatLeft wrote: Thanks guys. That's good to know.

Management UI disappears after login

first post: FloatLeft wrote: Not sure what's changed but the management UI now disappears after ...

latest post: FloatLeft wrote: If found the reason. I had a lower case redirect in place using the...

How to create dropdown that contains all pages of specific type?

first post: lm2y wrote: I want a template that has a drop down field that contains all publ...

latest post: lm2y wrote: Lovely to answer my own question ;-) I found the answer in the end...

answered by: lm2y wrote: Lovely to answer my own question ;-) I found the answer in the end...

Unable to load one or more of the requested types - GoDaddy

first post: hickscse wrote: Ok so I have been developing a website with the N2CMS backend. Usin...

Using TemplateFirst, adding RestrictChildren does not work

first post: lm2y wrote: On a clean install of v. 2.6.8.3 I just added this line to the Cont...

Tagging items

first post: CarlRaymond wrote: I have successfully applied [EditableTags] to one of my content ite...

Metadata Index

first post: boushra wrote: Hi, I am using an editableText filed for metadata but it seems that...

latest post: simone79 wrote: Why setting IsIndexable to false if you want the field to get indexed?

Is it possible to set up N2 to translate texts for single ContentItems without language roots

first post: TomasIsby wrote: I'm implementing N2 as a shell over an Admin system to handle all t...

What happened to NHibernate.Caches.SysCache2?

first post: yordanpavlov wrote: In earlier versions of N2 to enable caching one would have a datab...

latest post: lm2y wrote: Is there some documentation somewhere documenting how exactly SQL C...