This project is read-only.

Implement Form Template in N2 site

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 31, 2009 at 11:56 AM
Edited Mar 31, 2009 at 11:56 AM
Hi everyone,

First my big, big compliments to such a beautiful CMS-system. I have experience with Smartsite and Microsoft CMS 2002 before and also Sharepoint, but I love this stuff for being so flexible AND easy. GREAT!

Anyway I have a question, I have an existing N2CMS site which is functioning properly now. I want to add a custom form to this site and know that the templates site has a great and flexible form in it. How can I implement this form in my existing site, without rebuilding the entire solution by creating a 'templates'-based solution. Is that possible?And if yes, how does it work?

Implementing the templates.dll and changing a bit in the web.config doesn't seem to work, can you guys help me?

Thanks in advance

Ronald
Mar 31, 2009 at 7:17 PM
You always have the option to learn what you can from what's in the templates project and create your own solution.

With some work you could probably pull that functionality out of the templates project or include the templates.dll and pull in just that function. However it's not easy to help. If you pull upp your sleeves, make a backup, and try some more I could share my thoughts on specific errors you encounter. You would however need to share more details about what you've done and specific errors including stack traces.