Publish dates for news items don't work

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:39 PM
Hi

I am currently experimenting with the N2.Templates project which can be found in the source code, but I have a problem when I try to publish a news item between two dates.
The news item appears in the treeview in a special red color and a little symbol next to it, but it also appears on the website altough the publish date is set to a few minutes later than the current time.
When I try to do the same thing with normal content pages it works. What can be wrong?

Thanks in advance
Jochen
Feb 27, 2009 at 12:24 AM
Hey,

Its an am/pm thing just add them to you a.m.  or p.m. to the end of the publish time and you should be all good.

Hope this Helps,
Elizabeth
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2009 at 10:13 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Mar 3, 2009 at 9:05 AM
It seems that the publish dates for news items work after all. When you are in edit mode (logged in) the news items appear on the website, but only you can see them. When you logout the news items appear only when the publish date is reached. In edit mode you will see all news items independent from their publish dates!

I have another question: Is their a possibility to become something like this:

News item 1:
      |------------------------------------------------------|
03 march 2009                                                       25 march 2009

News item 2:
      |----------------------------|
07 march 2009         17 march 2009

News item 1 appears on the website on 03 march 2009, but when 07 march 2009 is reached, news item 1 must disappear and news item 2 must appear. When 17 march 2009 is reached, news item 2 must disappear and news item 1 must appear again. It looks like this is not possible?

Thanks in advance
Jochen
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2009 at 4:24 PM
You could look into scheduled actions and update the published and expires dates according to this logic.