This project is read-only.

Custom Login page

Topics: Developer Forum
Feb 4, 2009 at 11:28 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Hi,

Is there a way to create a custom login page for the Templates example? Basically what I want to do is to have a ASP.NET page called login.aspx that would ask the user for their user credentials then N2 will authenticate and then redirect the user to the Default.aspx page. I want all the users to pass through authentication via the login page before they can view the actual site.

Is it possible? What should I do to make it work? I was able to make the Login.aspx work via the ASP.NET membership provider but the "you can't see any other page other than login.aspx until you are logged in.." requirement is still missing.

Thanks,
Keith
Feb 5, 2009 at 9:57 AM
Just an idea: Kigg project once had a wonderful login form -- a modal popup, membership-based, with a 3Kb stand-alone javascript. It'd be great to adopt that thing for N2..
Feb 5, 2009 at 10:19 PM
I'm not sure I'm understanding your requirements. I was able to remove everyone access from all pages except a login page and configure that page as "login page" on the start page node. Would that work for you?