This project is read-only.

CurrentItem is null in Start page

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 5, 2008 at 6:30 AM
Hello everybody!
I have a strange problem. I'm using N2 1.4.3.1. After I create Root and Start page and try to view Start page in browser I'm getting null reference exception. CurrentItem is null. It's happening in one of template pages I defined (I have 2). Both of my content data container classes are inheriting from N2.ContentItem. If I add pages bellow Start page, those pages are displayed correct with frendly URL-s. Also I would like to know how to 'tell' to N2 CMS witch template page to use as Start page.
Dec 5, 2008 at 8:23 PM
Hi, I'm not sure what's going on. The url parser maps /default.aspx to the start page. If you create a custom start page you should be able to configure <web ignoreExistingFiles="false"> to map / to something other than /default.aspx.
Dec 6, 2008 at 8:53 PM
When I done that I got: Unrecognized attribute 'ignoreExistingFiles'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.
Dec 7, 2008 at 9:46 PM
This might not be available in 1.4.3. Can you try 1.4.4 (just released) and see if it helps?
Dec 7, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Well, I already used 1.4.0. and it works correctly. There's probably a bug in 1.4.3. Thank you for your help and keep up a good work.
Dec 10, 2008 at 6:18 AM
Edited Dec 10, 2008 at 9:24 PM
Today I moved it to version 1.4.4. Everything worked fine at first try :-))))).
I have couple questions:
1.) I'm using minimal C# example. Is it enough to put just <scheduler keepAlive="true" interval="10" /> in Web.config of C# minimal example to have this functionality work?
2.) Also I would like to use e-mail error reports. Since Web.config entry looks like this: <errors action="Email" mailTo="" mailFrom="noreply@yourdomain.com" />, I'm wondering where should I configure SMTP server?

Best regards
Dec 10, 2008 at 8:16 PM
1.) Yes
2.) configuration/system.net/mailSettings
Dec 10, 2008 at 9:25 PM
Thank you :-)
Dec 10, 2008 at 10:56 PM
(= you're welcome