JavaScript errors: illegal character in plugins.ashx

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Dec 2, 2008 at 1:10 PM
Hi, I'm trying to implement N2 and get JavaScript errors. The first error is in plugins.ashx on line 554 and reads "illegal character". Furthest down the client-side file are, indeed, a bunch of unreadable characters. I'll paste them in here:

4�� ���tC�k��*���J��̎�����͎���Gae<*����Ύ���mC�e<*����ώ�� �=*e<*����Ў��e[o�e<*����ю���̯�:,����$/Biner/Biner/wwwroot/Edit/Js/plugins�cookies.js�jquery.n2optionmenu.js�jquery.SimpleTree.js�jquery.splitter.js�n2.js�
Between those HRs are the last line, line 554, of plugins.ashx

I after that get 5 errors immediately, and a couple of others upon using the N2 interface. Biner is the website I'm working on.

Thanks
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2008 at 5:31 PM
There was a bug in 1.4.2 that would cause each file's byte order mark to be written inside the documentet. Any chance you are using that version?
Dec 3, 2008 at 8:21 AM
Edited Dec 3, 2008 at 8:22 AM
I'm using 1.4.3 sorry for not telling at once :)

At least, when I look att properties of N2.dll it says 1.4.3... don't remeber which I downloaded.
Dec 3, 2008 at 3:07 PM
We found the problem. The cause was \Edit\Js\plugins.ashx.cs that reeads in all files in the \Edit\Js\plugins\ folder. We are using source control, and files are added to every folder to reglate source control operation and status.

So, I'm filing a ticket for you to make sure the plugins.ashx.cs only reads in *.js files!

Cheers