Form Builder

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 15, 2008 at 9:47 PM
How would you create a "form builder" part/add-on where you can drag/drop into the dockable areas?  Sort of like the "Form" part that is currently in N2CMS except with more web controls instead of just the 3 control types (text box, check boxes, and radio boxes) and have the data submitted from the end-user stored in the DB instead of emailing it.  Sort of like http://jotform.com.

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2008 at 10:53 PM
I would expand on the existing form types in N2 using the same mechanism (with changes as needed). Then I would change the UI to make it draggable (it might be enough to change Zone to DroppableZone). Lastly I would think about how many responses I expect. Depending on that I amount I would choose to either store answers as items or in an external table.
Oct 24, 2008 at 1:50 AM
Edited Oct 27, 2008 at 6:59 AM
I have been trying to add an item (dropdown type) to the Poll, but no luck.  Any hint?  I'm really new to this...   So instead of the poll having radio buttons only, I want to add a dropdown, text, checkbox, etc... to it.

thanks.
Oct 24, 2008 at 1:59 AM
I think N2 is a really nice framework.  If you write a "N2 for Dummies" (a walk through step-by-step), I'll be your first customer.