Forum / Discussion board

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 8, 2008 at 9:57 AM
Edited Oct 8, 2008 at 11:23 AM
Hi,

I have created a forum / discussion board add-in. You can find it in the official forum add-in location, see http://n2cms.com/add-ons.aspx.

Please make sure to download the latest version!

If you have problems with the add-in, or you think it can be improved, please let me know in this thread!
Oct 8, 2008 at 12:18 PM
Man, this's great !

Not without some trickery i've forced this baby to work: 1) removed reference to nonexisting master from Forum.aspx template; 2) added db objects manually.

(My teammate was lucky to delay with his task of integrating yaf into n2, so now, thanks to you, he has a solid foundation to start from :-)

What i'd like to achieve is a deeper integration of the forum. Namely, i need a Part-like forum control, which could be dropped on a side-bar and display a contextual forum topic, depending on a current page.

How could i collaborate with you on this project, have you got a public repository ?

Thank you for your great work !
Oct 8, 2008 at 12:31 PM
Adding parts should be very, very easy because the "hard" work (user recognition, integration, etc) is already done. The only problem (that I haven't tested yet) is how multiple forums instances will work (problably, it will not). However, I don't think this is a something that users want anyway.

I don't have a public repository (I have this in subversion, but I don't have public access to my source repositories). However, the source is included in the package so you should be easily set to implement new features into the Forum module. If you make any changes that can be used (such as sidebar items, etc), please send them to [geert}! [AT} catenalogic.com (you should be able to strip the [, } and ! to retrieve the real address).

I am also working on an HourRegistration and Ecommerce module. The HourRegistration is about 80 % finished, I have to start on the Ecommerce thing yet. If you are interested on working on that one as well, just let me know. In that case, I will create a repos user for the N2CMSAddOns repos so you can access it as well.
Oct 8, 2008 at 1:00 PM
Since I plan to develop more add-ins for N2CMS, I made the repository public.

You can access the repository via http://svn.catenalogic.com/svn/n2cmsaddins/.

Anonymous users can only read. If you plan to contribute, let me know and I will create a user account for you so you can also write to the project.
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2008 at 6:23 PM
Cool, good job. I deleted the older version and I'll look into the update problem.
Nov 24, 2008 at 7:01 PM
Hey guys is there any chances to use ASP.NET Membership in both N2 and YAF systems without any troubles and add-ons?
I know that 1.9.3. support non-YAF membership providers...
Nov 25, 2008 at 5:27 AM
Yes, custom user providers are fully supported and some defaults are already implemented. There is even some sample code how to write your own.
Feb 2, 2009 at 6:16 PM
Hey guys. I have downloaded latest version forum add-on from repository. Has installed a forum following the description in a installation.txt, created page from admin panel, but at attempt to pass to second step of installation (to submit form on forum's page) there is a error, like this http://www.codeplex.com/n2/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=39179.

System.FormatException:

Stack Trace :
[FormatException: Входная строка имела неверный формат.]
   System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +2755599
   System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +112
   yaf.install._default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +286
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

Please help me.
Coordinator
Feb 2, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Could be something related to culture, perhaps someone over at the yaf forums knows.
Feb 3, 2009 at 6:43 AM
Hi again) Thx to libardo for the help. I have followed to your council, and when I have tried to be registered -> I received the same error;) (this link http://forum.yetanotherforum.net/yaf_register.aspx)
Yet another bug of yet another forum (((
Feb 10, 2010 at 7:35 AM
Edited Feb 10, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Trying to install the forum addon I get the following error when starting the site in VS: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

The debugger doesn't halt on any specific line until I go to the edit mode. There the installation phase starts and the initial Prepare yourself screen i shown. Moving on to the installation the debugger halts at this line in /edit/install/Default.aspx: <p class='<%# Status.IsInstalled ? "ok" : "warning" %>'> stating the following error: ComponentActivator: could not instantiate N2.Definitions.DefinitionManager

The site runs fine if all forum-files are removed so what is the issue?

Feb 11, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Found out what the issue was. The Forum seems to require the N2.Templates.dll but applying that dll I get an error stating a conflict with startpages since there seems to be one referenced in the Templates aswell.

Does the Forum addon requires the N2.Templates and if it does how do I solve the startpage conflict?

Jun 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM
Edited Jun 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Nice work with YAF Addon, but there seems to be some issues with the later n2cms builds...I've blogged some fixes here: http://martinondotnet.blogspot.com/2010/06/n2cms-forum-addon-fixing-theme.html

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Hi all
I have problems installing the Forum Module

At the step 3 to 4 I got the following error: "Could not find stored procedure 'yaf_system_updateversion'", and after that everything fails.
Here is a screenshoot: http://screencast.com/t/MDk5MDA3MzQt

Also I would like to know if is possible to integrate the forum membership mechanism with the n2cms membership mechanism.

Any help much appreciated,

Tudor

Sep 17, 2010 at 9:36 AM
Edited Sep 17, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Hi all

I managed to find the scripts in the Src folder and copied them in Forum/YAF/Install - and the install was a success.
But I get another exception when I click on the Forum node

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] yaf.Config.get_IsPortal() +25 yaf.Data.get_GetAuthType() +46 yaf.pages.ForumPage.ForumPage_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +619 System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0

Maybe I did something wrong, maybe I didn't.
My question is has anyone used this forum in n2cms 2.0 at all?

Tudor