Oct 1, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Edited Oct 1, 2008 at 11:27 PM
Hi I just upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.4.3 in a project that basically isn't using templates and now child pages are intermittent in their rendering. I am using the documented Jet driver trick to get Access working.
- My start page comes up, but child pages have difficulty rendering and produce a 404.
- If you log in as admin to the edit area and browse around their, all pages come up properly.
- Strangely, once you log out of the admin console, the pages (usually) keep coming up even upon hitting refresh. I did this with a separate browser too so cookies and browser caching are unlikely a factor here.
- Eventually the admin/logout trick stops working, as if some cache somewhere had expired
- If you "force feed" the URL with page= ## the page does indeed render.
Other interesting issues:
- Intermittently (very infrequently, but once in a while - especially when first running the project after booting VS2008) receiving a Could not load type 'N2.Persistence.CancellableItemEventArgs' error. Can be cleared with a 'refresh' click. When this
happens, the above 404 issue is not intermittent, but a constant with no "trick" fixes as described above.
- Revision history feature in edit console always fails with null pointer
Please advise! Thanks