Intermittent 404

Oct 1, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Edited Oct 1, 2008 at 11:27 PM
Hi I just upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.4.3 in a project that basically isn't using templates and now child pages are intermittent in their rendering.  I am using the documented Jet driver trick to get Access working.  

- My start page comes up, but child pages have difficulty rendering and produce a 404.  
- If you log in as admin to the edit area and browse around their, all pages come up properly.
- Strangely, once you log out of the admin console, the pages (usually) keep coming up even upon hitting refresh.  I did this with a separate browser too so cookies and browser caching are unlikely a factor here.
- Eventually the admin/logout trick stops working, as if some cache somewhere had expired
- If you "force feed" the URL with page= ## the page does indeed render.  

Other interesting issues:

- Intermittently (very infrequently, but once in a while - especially when first running the project after booting VS2008) receiving a Could not load type 'N2.Persistence.CancellableItemEventArgs' error.  Can be cleared with a 'refresh' click.  When this happens, the above 404 issue is not intermittent, but a constant with no "trick" fixes as described above.
- Revision history feature in edit console always fails with null pointer

Please advise!  Thanks
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2008 at 4:03 PM
The child pages problem sounds somewhat like this previous problem. Maybe that thread can give you some clues. Are there any details in the error message? e.g. any chance the the TemplateUrl property isn't correct? The other interesting issues seems to indicate that you have a versioning problem. Make sure that all N2 assemblies have are versioned to 1.4.3 even after you compile.
Oct 3, 2008 at 4:46 PM
Thanks for the speedy response :) I shall check into these avenues and tell you what I find
Oct 4, 2008 at 7:42 AM
Edited Oct 5, 2008 at 7:26 AM
You called it.  Somehow N2.Template.dll v1.4.1 snuck its way in there.  Had to change some syntax to be 1.4.3-friendly, had to rename some classes because the dynamic loaders hated my classes being named GalleryItem and TextPage.  Compiles and runs great!  The null exception has been repaired, in a similarly (embarrassing) reality the Edit directory wasn't updated to 1.4.3 properly, and is now.  All is well in N2 land :)