Edit folder in existing site

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 5, 2008 at 7:52 PM
First, I want to thank you for a CMS framework that does not take over a whole web application. 

I am having trouble incorporating N2 within an existing site.  I followed your steps on N2CMS.com and everything went smoothly until I added the EDIT folder to the exisiting project (VB web app).  I copied the web.config segments from the VB Example download and added the N2 reference as indicated on the documentation. 
Once I added the Edit folder I received 19 errors when trying build.  "Could not find schema" and "Unknown server tag" are a bulk of the errors.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2008 at 10:49 PM
Sorry for taking over your edit folder =) I wish I knew a (realistic) alternative. Could you post some examples of the errors you get? Without details my best guess is that the edit folder depends on certain definitions in web.config.
Aug 7, 2008 at 12:59 PM
As my experience shows, if you want to use some N2 edit features, at the very least (suppose, you've already copied ~/Edit folder), you'd like to reference both N2.dll and N2.Edit.dll from your web application (it's sufficient to simply drop them both into ~/bin , unless you're using Web Site Project option OR you've changed default compilation path). If a given feature you'd like to get does not depend on N2 database, that's pretty much everything you need. For example, if you'd like to have a UI for ASP.Net Membership/Roles/Profiles, then you reference DLLs and then safely navigate to ~/Edit/Membership/Users.aspx. (Oh, btw, you need and 'Admin' user within an 'Administrator' role for the latter to work instantly. Or, alternatively, tweak ~/Edit/Membership/web.config to configure access to these pages.)