Do N2 CMS have a core team?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 27, 2008 at 5:09 AM
I am wondering if N2 CMS has a core team. I think a core development team could really help speed up the developement and provide  much more features to this CMS system.
Jun 27, 2008 at 7:43 AM
Hi jingbell,

the core development team is mentioned here: http://www.codeplex.com/n2/People/ProjectPeople.aspx.
Libardo is the sole developer for the core of N2.
There are a lot of people who try to assist him in the development (translations, additions, finding bugs, etc), but he is the main developer.

(but I'm sure he will reply here as well!)
Martijn
Jun 27, 2008 at 9:18 AM
Hello Martijn,

It seems to me there are only you and me are currently active on this discussion list these days. :)

I think maybe we can talk into him to set up a core development team which could point a more clear direction for n2 cms rather than one man's sole idea.

Jun 27, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Hi,

I'm more than sure Cristian (libardo) is open for any suggestion regarding the development on N2. He would not have made it open source if he was not ;-)
In a short period of time he has made some changes I have asked for. Not regardless of anything, but after a discussion to try to get the best solution.
He is very open to suggestions, short as well as long term solutions.

I'd say, submit the requests you have to the list, let everybody participate in a discussion which path's are the best to follow and let Cristian decide / create the best solution.
When and where you can participate in supporting by making change-requests and submit the changed source.
B.t.w. read the nodo.txt (if you can understand it) and the todo.txt in the \Sources\Source\docs folder. It gives you an idea of the plans he has.
Perhaps start a "feature requests" - thread?

At this time Cristian probably is not available to reply here, but he will soon.

Martijn
Coordinator
Jun 29, 2008 at 9:01 AM
Greeting from a wonderful honeymoon on Borneo =)

I can only agree with Martijn on everything he writes. Well put.

I'll happily accept contributions. Whenever one is included I update the list of contributors.

A core team still feels somewhat silly considering the level of activity. But it's steadily growing and who knows.

Do you have any ideas towards the direction? Some of the best features are the result of ideas received by mail and on this forum, e.g. the drag&drop, globalization and the publishing workflow.

/Cristian
Jun 29, 2008 at 2:16 PM
Hi!

Congratulations!!!
Enjoy your time there with as newly-weds (and not too much on the net!)!

Martijn