Using CSLA .NET Framework with N2.

Topics: Developer Forum
Jun 3, 2008 at 6:54 AM
I am using CSLA .NET Framework for Developing the core Business Logic.
I was told that it is possible for example to use CSLA with DotNetNuke.

The question is:

Is it possible and practical to use N2 as a Front-End (Presentation Layer) with CSLA .NET ?

As you know, CSLA .NET has custom implementations for Security, Authorization, and Authentication (which can be modified of course).

Please, I need help from the Experts.

Tarek.
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2008 at 8:58 PM
I think the answer depends on what you want to do. N2 sits rather lightly on top of ASP.NET so pretty much everything that works on ASP.NET should work with N2 as well. If you want to integrate CSLA interfaces into the N2 administrative interface you could use [ToolbarPlugin] and reference any aspx or the [EditableUserControl] to display a user control when editing a page.
Jun 4, 2008 at 5:20 AM
Edited Jun 4, 2008 at 5:23 AM

libardo wrote:
I think the answer depends on what you want to do. N2 sits rather lightly on top of ASP.NET so pretty much everything that works on ASP.NET should work with N2 as well. If you want to integrate CSLA interfaces into the N2 administrative interface you could use [ToolbarPlugin] and reference any aspx or the [EditableUserControl] to display a user control when editing a page.

What I want is to use a Light tool such as N2 to work as the fornt-end for the Business Logic, which will be developed in CSLA.

The reason why I am considering N2 (and not DNN for example) is that we have a management direction to implement SAP Enterprise Portal, and it is expexted to be ready in a few months. So, DNN is bloated, huge and requires more effort to learn when compared to N2 (I think). And my objective is to minimize the effort that will be wasted in the future.

I am just worried that I spend time and effort to learn about N2, and then find out that there are some basic feature that will conflict with CSLA.

Have you seen how CSLA implements Authentication and Authorization ? I am not sure if it will work ?

Do you know of any thing that may not work if I use N2 + CSLA ?

Tarek.
Jun 4, 2008 at 5:21 AM
Edited Jun 4, 2008 at 5:22 AM
--- DELETE THIS POST ---