Failed to update database because the database is read-only.

Dec 21, 2007 at 2:40 AM
I've just unzipped the contents of the C# example of n2 CMS to localhost/n2cms and when I browse to that it works perfectly, however when I attempt to mondify any pages I get the error "Failed to update database "C:\INETPUB\WWWROOOT\N2CMS\APP_DATA\N2.MDF" because the database is ready-only.

After extracting all the files, they were all set to read-only so I unchecked the box and applied it to all subfolders and files however I still get this error.

Can someone please help me resolve this.

Regards,
Christopher van Dal.
Dec 21, 2007 at 3:04 AM
I've also come accross two more problems I'm having.

1. When I click on, allowed roles for selected item. I get the error, "This feature is not set up correctly or disabled"
2. When I click on, administrate users. I get the error, "Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet.CheckSchemaVersion'."

I think the second error has to do with the above mentioned database error I'm receiving.
Coordinator
Dec 21, 2007 at 9:45 AM
Hi Christopher,

It looks like you're running n2 through IIS. Try giving your the IIS server account (ASPNET or IISWPG) write privileges to the appdata folder.

Unfortunatly the user and group modules found their way into the C# example. I wanted it to be quite bare and understandable.

If you do want to use membership I'd recommend the templates project or installing and configuring asp.net membership:

/Cristian