A CSS/Skin breaks N2 Edit page?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 25, 2007 at 3:22 AM
I am experimenting with N2 to see if it would work for me.
First I tried to create a few content pages based on a very simple asp.net master page, which worked fine.

Next I decided to change the master page to a more complicated one that uses a CSS-based layout as well as
an asp.net "skin" that would be more similar to what I will want in the production version of my site.
After I updated the master page, my existing content pages display correctly using the new master page.
However, there seems to be a problem with the N2 Edit page. I can see my content page correctly displayed in
the right frame of the N2 Edit page, but there is nothing in the left frame.
It seems like the CSS/skin of my new master page somehow messes up the left frame
(the site navigation frame?) of the Edit page. The background color of the left frame is the same
as the background color specified for the HTML/body element in the CSS file of the new master page.
Also the N2 logo is positioned in the left frame.

I am running Win XP SP2, IE6 SP 1, and the css/skin/theme of my master page is the exact copy
of the Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 template called "Corporate Design" which is available here:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/Aa336613.aspx
I am using the Granite Theme.

Any advice would be appreciated.

H
Nov 25, 2007 at 4:54 AM
Edited Nov 25, 2007 at 4:55 AM
... just a quick followup.

I have just tried Firefox 2.0 instead of IE6.
The Edit page works better in Firefox. I can see my content pages in the left frame of the Edit page.
However, the N2 logo is still misplaced, covering up the two left-most buttons in the Edit page menu.
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2007 at 11:28 AM
Hi H,

Thank you for bringing this up. The problem is that the theme is defined in web.config and this also affects the edit interface. The quickest fix is redefining an empty theme in /edit/web.config:
	<pages styleSheetTheme="">

/Cristian
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2007 at 11:29 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Nov 25, 2007 at 5:24 PM
Hi Cristian,

Defining an empty theme indeed fixed the problem for me (both in IE and Firefox).
Thank you for the quick response.

Hubert